Thursday, July 14, 2011

Coming Back from Holiday

Have just returned back from a week-long Melbourne/Sydney trip few days back. And got down by sore throat and flu. The trip was tiring and I did not sleep well.

From previous post, I said I will be going to Melbourne and Tasmania but… damn Tiger airways!! Tiger cancelled our flight to Melbourne from Adelaide and we only got to know it when we reached at Adelaide’s airport!! Apparently the Tiger’s service was terminated by Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia for safety inspection till end of this month, which means we can’t go to Tasmania.

Our whole plan was ruined by them. We had paid nonrefundable deposit for Melbourne accommodation deposit and, by all means, we had to check-in by 9 pm on 2nd of July. So, in one hour discussion, we decided to drive from Adelaide to Melbourne, a journey of 700 km. Had pit stop at Blue Lake at Mount Gambier and ate Hungry Jack’s before hitting the road again. I took turn to drive and it was my first time driving in Australia illegally because I did not bring my driving license from Malaysia. It took us 12 hours to reach Melbourne.

It was Saturday night and can see many people on the street everywhere. It was not a surprise for us as this is Melbourne city’s nightlife!! In Sydney, the same. The city was still lively and noisy at night. You never find this in Adelaide.

Melbourne and Sydney, the two big cities that I wanted to visit so badly.. hopefully I have the chance to go back these places for year-end countdown..

No comments:

Post a Comment