Thursday, February 24, 2011

Arriving At Adelaide

My uni

I have been here, Adelaide, for more than a week. I had no problem settling down here as my friend’s boyfriend, who stayed here for two years, had helped us in settling down. When we reached here on the first day, we were so tired after tiring flight from KL and luckily we had him to cook us dinner and bring us around the city. Luckily I stayed with a group of friends, I’m still not yet feel homesick. That’s the advantage side of staying with friends, we talk, we laugh and we cook. I’m very sure none of us will feel homesick instead, we felt homely..

Adelaide’s a laid-back city. It’s quiet, safe, and peaceful to live here. There was one time I walked alone on a dimly-lighted street and there were no people insight, I felt safe. Unlike in Malaysia, those dimly-lighted streets are the hotspot for snatch thieves.

The weather here is cool though sometimes it can be very cold for me. It was 170C out there and I was putting on my sweater while the locals wore a singlet with a shorts!! But not long after that, I got used to the cold weather and started to throw away sweater shorts. Due to the cool weather, I did’t sweat a lot when standing under the scorching sunlight unlike in Malaysia.

And since coming here, my friends and I tend to be very polite to the ang moh. We’ll say “Thank you” if they had helped us even a little thing. Then, we’ll say “Sorry” if we blocked their way on a pathway. All these never happen in Malaysia. There was one time when I asked them: Why in Malaysia, we will never say “Don’t block others’ way” on a pathway? We, then, only realized we actually like to stand in middle of a pathway and blocking others’ way back in Malaysia..

As for ogling part, the Caucasians are HOT lor!! Every day you get to see men in office attire walking on the Rundle Mall. Since Australian very open one, but I have not seen two guys holding hand together walking down on the street lor.. And I was so excited to find out there is a bookstore near my place selling DNA magazine, which I searched high and low at the Rundle Mall. And it costs A$9.95, not cheap but will definitely start a fund to buy this magazine..

Current DNA's cover page

Classes will begin next week. And so the real challenge.. went to the briefing and kinda worried if I could cope up with the new teaching style.. hopefully everything will go smoothly..

2 comments:

  1. u envy me seeing more Caucasians than Chinese? haha.. some are hunky n some are twinky!! wan DNA magazine??

    ReplyDelete