Thursday, April 29, 2010

The End of Sem 3: Finale

As i was told by my friend cum senior, semester 3 will be not easy and will be so damn BUSY!!

Everything will change in this semester upon the departure of that friend, i knew it! His was my company when eating dinner. So, it only left me with another two company for dinner time.
The two of them are always together; some sort of one gang and me and that friend form another gang. There were times me and my friend eat dinner without the other gang. The worst thing was that they will either inform us last minute or never inform us at all if they not joining us for dinner.

Now that my friend had left, i was worried that i had to eat alone every time whenever they were busy. Oh, by the way, that was the excuse they gave us for not joining us dinner. How lame was it? No matter how busy they are, they still have to eat rite? Just gave us plain excuse..

That was what i thought – eating alone whenever they are busy. But i never know that they are THAT busy every time i asked whether got dinner anot? I was rejected every time i asked for a dinner. That whole January was a stressful and disappointment month for me. Stressful because need to cope with new and tough level-two subjects. Disappointment because never-ending rejection from them. My mind will start thinking whether they want to have dinner with me or not? And sometimes i will scare to text them, trying not to receive those rejecting messages. For this whole one semester, we only eat dinner together twice.

I did receive messages from him saying they are busy, not eating dinner. I continue receive those messages until my CNY break. After the break, never receive any messages from them. Usually one of them will contact me as we are closer because we were schoolmates. From the break onwards, we never text each other anymore. Guess he also sien to write the same message over again. Me, on the other hand, also malas to message because i don’t want to face the disappointment anymore.

In the end, i either had my dinner alone or i didn’t eat. I can’t remember how i went through those time eating alone but thank gosh it all had already gone. I don’t have any problem eating alone but i just mind the glances from other people. People will be saying: so kolian this guy eat alone. No friends to teman. Ok, no one actually saying those lines, just i thought myself.

But luckily i still have my very own classmates. They were my company for dinner. Whenever after class, we’ll go eat dinner together. So, February and March were better months; got people eating dinner with me. And i also like to eat dinner with my big group of friends rather than 4 guys including me last time. With more people, more talk and more laughter!! And most importantly, i was happier and my bond with them got stronger!!

Maybe i should thank the two of them. If they continue accompanying me, i won’t get closer with my classmates. I, myself could not think we got closer by eating dinner every time.

The friend that left me specifically asked how was my ex-schoolmate doing? I simply replied him: i don’t know. Long time didn’t see him. Didn’t eat dinner with him liao. He was surprise with my reply. He asked me what happen but i couldn’t reply his question because i myself also don’t know what happen. Fine. They don’t want to eat dinner with me simply because they don’t want to see me. I got it. That ex-schoolmate brushed me aside, he brushed our 7 years of friendship aside too. There was once i met him at cafeteria, i didn’t know what to talk to him. May be long time didn’t meet up, no topic to talk edi.

That goes our friendship...

1 comment:

  1. friend easy to find...but best friend is hard to find now......

    ReplyDelete