Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Good Night

21 February 2010.

Yesterday was a good, good night. I spent one whole day with my classmates till late 2.30 am!!

Before the good night, i was on fire with my BCH lecturer, Mr Wong. I’m sure my other classmates were so angry with our lecturer. He’s suck in teaching us, but in the lab, he didn’t perform at all. All he did was just sat in front and let us to our own experiment. He should have briefed us before leaving us to do our experiment. At first, i thought maybe we are in 2nd level and we should be more independent and he need not to brief us. Fine enough.

The problem arose when he was unable to answer our questions on the experiment. To make things worse, he gave the wrong instruction and caused much doubts in our experiment. One of our classmates (Hafizat), hit the table to show her anger as our lecturer gave the wrong procedure. Worse still, he didn’t even know how to operate a spectrophotometer!! Ok, maybe that machine was new to him, but he could have learnt how to use it or at least refer to our lab manual. I refer to the lab manual and i taught other my friends how to use it. See i can become lecturer also... oh, did i mention the experiment i did was the same with other class which they had their lab class few days before us? Which that means the lecturer held the same experiment with other class and he gave the wrong procedure? I seriously wonder what he did in the lab loh... And what the heck did the student in other class do? They baiknya follow what he said even though it was wrong?

He had given me bad time in his lecture class but i keep cool. Not until the lab class where he not even prepare himself with the procedure. At times we needed to correct him. He as a lecturer uttered “i just learn from your friend” to my friends showed he didn’t know anything before we taught him. All i could say is life’s a learning process. He learn something from the lecturer and the lecturer learn something from us, student..

Immediately after the lab, all of us, if not most of us, were very angry with him. It was like DSCAU students were on fire. I really can’t be patient with this kind of guy anymore. And he planned to take revenge on me and my other friends? Mr Lim warned us on Wednesday that Mr Wong had the thought of taking revenge on those who make noise in his class, who was me. Mr Lim said he is a biased lecturer whereby he would purposely give low marks to students he dislike. We decided not to make noise and pretend to be friendly with him.

Now, how can i pretend to be friendly and respect with him while he has nothing for me to respect him? Maybe he’s unable to deliver his BCH knowledge to us but in his GEN subject he has no problem. Fine. As of BCH, this is the first time he teaches this subject.

We went ga-ga and wanted to talk or complaint to the dean, Dr Ang. After much consideration with other classmates, we opt to softer way by talking to Mr Wong. Hopefully we could see his change for better.

Don’t want to talk about him anymore. Let’s talk about my much afraid dinnertime. We consulted Ms See and also complaining with her abt Mr Wong. We talked so long until dinnertime. She ajak us for dinner together with Mr Lim. We had dinner at Auntie Jenny. My first visit in this semester.

After dinner we met at block H common room to discuss with other program classmates while finishing Yan Jun’s birthday card. My card was the most plain as others decorated so nice. After finishing the card at around 12.30 am, we walked to Yan Jun’s apartment and gave him a surprise!! I think he was touched. Had supper at al-salam till 2 in the morning. Reached my room at 2.30, shower, and brush my teeth. Slept at 3 am.

A good night indeed. Early in the morning, my radio played Black Eyed Pea’s “I Gotta Feeling” song. See, my night also good...

No comments:

Post a Comment